Clean Up & Speed Up Your Computer
Clean Up Desktop
Your desktop is meant to be used as a place to quickly start something, or get to another a place - a 'short cut'. It is not meant to actually store (or save) folders, documents, pictures, programs.
Anything more than this list below should be moved to My Documents or another location on your hard drive.
1. Shortcuts to Programs, Folders
2. Computer, Control Panel, Recycle Bin, other Default Icons
3. Temporary files that may have been downloaded and will be removed upon completion
Organize your files, photos, videos, documents.
Files and useless photos and that you don't need any more
1. Click on the file (to select it) and hit the delete button (on your keyboard)
2. Drag and Drop files and icons to the Recycle Bin
Delete programs you haven't used in years
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
Documents and photos in a way that makes sense.
1. Click (My) Computer or go to My Documents
2. Click New Folder (File > New)
3. Drag and Drop; Copy or Cut and Paste
Important documents, photos and paperwork and create a duplicate backup/location.
1. Burn CD/DVD
2. External Hard Drive
3. File Server/Remote Backup